Friday, July 11, 2008

Honkeytonk Badonkadonk

Well because I have a bit of junk in the trunk and I get to see Toby Keith tonight. Yup, I'm cool. I saw Brad Paisely and Sugarland recently too. I'm a country geek.
Anywho, I have been madly crocheting, trying to both build an inventory and get projects out of the way. I think projects are a bit like bunnies, they quickly multiply. I was almost done with baby blankets, just working on my last two for the year for my girlfriend. And now, with the Cherry Blossom baby blanket finished, I have 3 more to do. I still need to work up a 2nd one for her that may match the nursery better, my mom's sister in law just had a baby boy (Elvis?!) and my mother would like to send her two (2!!!!) blankies, and my coworker would like a blankie to send to her brother. She crochets by the way, she just prefers my work, is too busy, and likes the patterns I use. It's a baby kinda year I guess. Before the last 3 blankets popped up, I did manage to start on some inventory projects. I started the Boteh Scarf (Interweave Crochet Spring 2007). I have to rip the whole thing out though, if you notice... it's backwards. I did the triangles the wrong way and the whole thing spirals inwards. I also started a stash Starghan, just something to have for the craft fair. The starghan was worked on the way to and from camping, as was the Boteh. What was supposed to be a 6 hour drive round trip, was 7 hours on the way up and just shy of 4 on the way back down. I did get time to crochet so I cant really gripe but man LA traffic sucks and it makes me cranky.
Other than LA traffic, camping was a lot of fun and it was a good 4th of July. Here is the usual recap of holiday fun times:

No comments: