Anywho, I have been madly crocheting, trying to both build an inventory and get projects out of the way. I think projects are a bit like bunnies, they quickly multiply. I was almost done with baby blankets, just working on my last two for the year for my girlfriend. And now, with the Cherry Blossom baby blanket finished, I have 3 more to do. I still need to work up a 2nd one for her that may match the nursery better, my mom's sister in law just had a baby boy (Elvis?!) and my mother would like to send her two (2!!!!) blankies, and my coworker would like a blankie to send to her brother. She crochets by the way, she just prefers my work, is too busy, and likes the patterns I use. It's a baby kinda year I guess. Before the last 3 blankets popped up, I did manage to start on some inventory projects. I started the Boteh Scarf (Interweave Crochet Spring 2007). I have to rip the whole thing out though, if you notice... it's backwards. I did the triangles the wrong way and the whole thing spirals inwards. I also started a stash Starghan, just something to have for the craft fair. The starghan was worked on the way to and from camping, as was the Boteh. What was supposed to be a 6 hour drive round trip, was 7 hours on the way up and just shy of 4 on the way back down. I did get time to crochet so I cant really gripe but man LA traffic sucks and it makes me cranky.
Other than LA traffic, camping was a lot of fun and it was a good 4th of July. Here is the usual recap of holiday fun times:
- My Wyatt, passed out, sandwich in hand, face in plate. He fought the nap as long as he could he really did.
- Playing horseshoes, Michael and I were on a team together. We started strong but we lost, maybe I should have drank more.
- So graceful, yet so uncoordinated.
- Mr Rogers, good in the hood. OK, so not Mr Rogers, but a grubby me in grubby pjs.
- My rockstar child playing contentedly with her Littlest Pet Shop toys in the tent.
- The girls after some margaritas (read tequila shots), Kings Cup, and Bullshit.
- Never to be forgotten, s'mores. The number one camping necessity. Well besides tents and all that crap.