Thursday, June 14, 2007

One More Down...

Yup, finished another one. This time I finished the Blue P Hook Ripple that I had in progress. I will update the list as soon as I can. This afghan is for my daughters teacher, and is shown on my rocking chair in my crochet corner. Or more accurately, my husbands rocking chair, in my crochet corner. Its my little spot in my living room, I have a couple pattern books and a wicker basket to hold my latest WIP or some extra yarn. Every year I have made a blanket for her teacher, just to say thank you for managing my monster for the year and preparing her for the next year. If I get the energy I will try to dig up the pictures (if I have them :S ) of her kindergarten and first grade teachers' afghans.

I have another couple WIP's that I started this past weekend, just what I need! I think this brings my total to 3, with the living room blanket still ongoing. I started a Dodger themed star blanket for Wyatt, and I started one of the Harry Potter scarves. I started and frogged the HP scarf quite a few times actually. I wanted something that would work up quick, but not be too lacy or hole-y. I started with an I hook and tried HDC and the trinity stitch. The HDC left holes, and the trinity did as well. I then tried single crochet which was nice and sturdy but would have taken me forever. I moved to a G hook (I think my most used hook in possession) and tried the trinity and it looks nice I think. Not a perfect match of the movie, but any HP fan will know the scarf. Here is a closeup of the trinity, as best as my little digital could get it. I really like the trinity stitch I think it looks like a little star. A few more rows and I will switch to red and start striping.

The Del Mar Fair is this weekend. Yes, San Diegans, I will always call it the Del Mar Fair, not the San Diego County Fair. I love the fair, it is one of my absolute favorite yearly traditions. I am excited for all the junk food, the shopping, the games, and the crochet I get to see. I had high hopes that I would enter an item into the fair this year, but the theme didnt speak to me. I also had too much on my plate, to try and craft a project within 4 weeks. It's long past the due date, I feel a little tiny glimmer of regret, maybe next year. Horizon is dancing at the fair this year also, so I will try to post a shameless mom brag picture next week.

No comments: