Monday, January 7, 2008

Rainy days

I love the rain. Now maybe if I lived somewhere more rainy, I may not. As it stands, I live in San Diego where the 3 maybe 4 days of rain we get each year are well recieved by me. Most people get upset when their weekend is coming up and hear that it will rain all weekend. Not me. I was pretty excited for a rainy day weekend. I wore my uggs nearly all weekend, wore comfy sweaters, even lit a fire in the fireplace last night.

I even made a rainy day splurge. I really like Vanna's acrylic yarn. So much, that after using her yarn for one of the many garden scarves, I checked out her book. I liked nearly all the afghans in her book so I bought it. I bought the yarn in boy colors and I am going to make a granny square type afghan she has in the book.

I also took some WIP pictures of Alex's afghan, the last garden scarf, and the living room afghan. Mind you they dont look like monstrosities in the pictures but both Alex's and the living room one are too big for me to cart somewhere. This hinders me taking them on car rides and coffee shops. Right now they are my home projects and I will not let myself start another at home project until at least one of these two is finished. Now, having said that, I may start another travel sized project though.

I try to keep a running list of what projects I need to work on, what I would like to try, and what I would like to accomplish. Since it is the beginning of a new year, we'll put my list on here, and maybe just maybe, at the end of the year, it will all be done. Right :)


  • Finish living room blanket

  • Make Danny a replacement blanket

  • Make Cynthia a replacement Charger blanket

  • Felt something, anything

  • Finish Alex's blanket

  • Fruit cozies for my cell and Ipod

  • A market type bag for Laura

  • A coffee cozy

  • A baby boy blanket for Kim

  • A baby girl blanket for Val

  • A baby blanket of undetermined sex for Johnny B

  • End of the year afgan for Horizon's teacher

I am sure there are a million other things I would like to make. We'll stick to this list for now and hope I manage to get a least one or two items completed on it.

Sigh, I think I have a case of the Mondays. Happy Monday.

No comments: