Insert happy dance here. I did it. I did it I did it I did it.
I finished The Monstrosity. Just for reference, that is the camo ripple on a California Queen bed. It hangs over on both sides. I finally finished edging it (with 3 rows of sc, so tedious!) and trimming all the ends I wove in. I can't believe it's finished. I wanted to take a picture all wrapped up in it, but I didnt want to bite on CrochetMe's picture. It's heavy too, I could have suffocated myself on accident, that would have been sad. I can see the irony now, "Here lies Beige, smothered with her own creation". Sad.
On a more positive note, I had a great weekend. Not only did I finish Alex's blanket, I finished the baby boy blanket for my coworker. This was the log cabin pattern from Vanna's new book. I edged the blanket in single crochet, same as the camo ripple. I am almost ahead of the game. I still have so much to do by June-ish, but I feel better having 2 of the projects already done.
Lastly I started on my 3rd project due this year, the baby girl blanket for yet another coworker. I wanted to do something different, so back to the 200 Ripple Stitch book I went. This time I chose Grisaille, and went back to Vanna yarn. I bought light purple, dark purple, chocolate, and taupe. The pattern is pretty with alternating shells, it's a bit more complicated then I imagined, but it should end up very girly.
Th th that's all folks!